Last updated: June 6, 2022
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes how KUBRA Data Transfer Ltd. (“KUBRA”, “we”, “our” or “us”) handles personal information such as your email, bank account number, bank card number, credit or debit card number, address, name, home or work address or telephone number in connection with the operation of the KUBRA services offered to individuals through the KUBRA E-Bill services (the “KUBRA Services”).
KUBRA may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests, and favorites.
This Notice applies only to information that KUBRA obtains through the KUBRA Services and describes how we can use the information we obtain and with whom we may share it. KUBRA does not sell any personal information to third parties. This Notice does not describe the privacy practices of the utilities, insurance companies, government agencies and other service providers which use the KUBRA Services as a payment platform (collectively, the “Service Providers”).
WHAT INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We obtain different types of information, including personal information, through the platform. This information may be provided by you, such as when you create an account, it may be automatically collected from your browser or mobile device using technologies such as cookies, or it may be obtained from other sources.
Information you provide:
We obtain information you provide in relation to your use of the KUBRA Services, including when you make a payment. This may include:
- your contact information, including your name, email address and phone number;
- your account numbers for the Service Providers with whom you engage; and
- your bank account number or debit or credit card number information (including payment card number, expiry date, security code).
We may also obtain information you provide us about others, such as the phone number and email address of the recipients to whom you want to send a receipt of the bill payment, if you choose to share the receipt with others.
If you contact us with any questions or requests relating to the KUBRA Services, we obtain the information you provide to us in connection with your inquiry or request.
Cookies and Internet Technology:
We may use internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons or other similar technologies to automatically obtain certain information when you access the KUBRA Services from your web browser or mobile device, such as information about the number and frequency of visitors, technical information about browsers and devices used to access the KUBRA Services, and information about crashes or other technical issues. In addition, we may automatically collect certain information across the browsers and devices you use to access the KUBRA Services as well as across third-party sites, apps or other media. These technologies may assign or collect a unique identifier on your browser or device, and may reside, among other places, on your computer or device, within webpages or mobile apps. We may use these technologies to administer the KUBRA Services, understand usage of the KUBRA Services and improve the content and offerings of the KUBRA Services. For more information about the use of automated means in the context of interest-based advertising and how you can limit tracking on your browser or mobile device, please see the section below on Interest-based advertising.
Information we obtain from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from third parties, including the Service Providers with whom you engage.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the information we obtain through the KUBRA Services for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with the KUBRA Services, as well as information you may request;
- marketing and advertising the KUBRA Services and other KUBRA products and services;
- sending you communications, including informational and marketing communications;
- improving the KUBRA Services we provide and customizing the user experience;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the KUBRA Services;
- supporting our business operations.
KUBRA has relationships with advertising companies who may use technology such as cookies and web beacons to provide you with advertising related to the use of KUBRA . To learn more about your rights in relation to this ad network interest-based advertising on your browser, including your choice to opt out, you can follow the instructions provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”)
and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”)
to place an opt-out cookie on your browser. These opt-out cookies enable you to block participating companies from installing future cookies on your computer or browser. If you place opt-out cookies but subsequently clear or delete cookies on your computer or device browser, your opt-out cookies may be deleted and you may have to renew your opt-out choices for that specific browser.
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking
” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads
” for Android. These opt-out mechanisms are provided by third parties. KUBRA does not control or operate these mechanisms or the choices provided through these mechanisms.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we obtain from you through the KUBRA Services:
- with the Service Providers with whom you engage;
- with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- with third parties that provide services or handle transactions on our behalf;
- as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the KUBRA Services or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities;
- we reserve the right to transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation; and
- we may share your information with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we obtain through the KUBRA Services. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. If you create an account to use the KUBRA Services, you are responsible for keeping your password secure.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
The KUBRA Services may contain links to third-party websites, mobile apps or features, including through social media features and widgets on our website. KUBRA is not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies or other similar statements applicable to third-party websites, mobile apps or features.
Do Not Track
KUBRA does not currently take steps to respond to browsers “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
NON CANADA VISITORS
The KUBRA Services are intended for Canadian users. If you are located outside of Canada, please note that the personal information we collect in connection with your use of the KUBRA Services will be transferred to Canada.
The KUBRA Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us as indicated below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices or applicable
laws. We will notify you of these changes by publishing the updated version on our website and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. Your use of the KUBRA Services will be governed by the current version of this Notice..
If you have any questions about this Notice or you would like to review or request changes to the information collected in connection with your use of the KUBRA Services, please contact us here